Call for Abstracts | Now Open
The CASANZ 2021 Scientific Committee is seeking abstracts that reflect the conference theme of: Air Quality in Unprecedented Times.
- The recent global bushfires disasters
- The COVID-19 pandemic
- Public participation, communication, and Citizen Science
- The myriad effects of the changing climate
All abstracts will be considered however we encourage you to submit your original, unpublished abstract(s), which address the above theme.
Abstract Submissions Guidelines
Creating an Author Account
The first step in submitting an abstract is to establish an Author Account. An Author Account will require you to:
Enter your full contact details including email
Establish a password
Upload a photo (required)
Provide a brief biography (no more than 150 words)
Once you have created an Author Account, you will be able to complete your abstract submission as well as manage it.
Abstracts must be written in English and provide an accurate summary of the contents and conclusions of the paper. Submitted abstracts should use Arial, 12pt font.
Abstracts should not exceed 300 words. The Scientific Committee will evaluate all abstracts for inclusion in the programme.
When submitting your abstract you will be asked to include the following:
- Presenting author’s biography (no more than 150 words)
- Presentation Type (oral presentation or poster presentation)
- Paper Title
- Paper abstracts (please see the abstracts template when writing your abstracts)
- Author’s and Co-Authors (if applicable)
- Theme/Sub Theme
Abstract file names should use the main author’s name in the following format: i.e. Smithb.doc. If submitting more than one abstract, files are to be numbered: i.e. Smothb1.doc, SmithB2.doc.
|20 Dec, 2020||Abstracts Close|
|15 Jan, 2021||Authors notified of selection|
|1 Mar, 2021||Full paper or 2 page extended abstract and posters due|
|31 Mar, 2021||All contributions finalised|
|Early April, 2021||Conference Program released|
Co-Chair Dr Pushan Shah
Co-Chair Dr Matthew Pickett
Program Co-ordinator Gary Graham
Program Co-ordinator Damon Roddis
Dr Puneet Verma
Submitting your Abstract
All abstracts must ve submitted online via the CASANZ2021 Abstracts portal at:
Important Notes to Consider
- All abstracts for oral and poster presentations will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee, who reserves the right to accept or reject any submissions.
- The Scientific Committee may, based on the abstracts received and the programme, propose a poster presentation rather than an oral presentation.
- It is a requirement that presenters whose abstracts have been accepted and who wish to present their papers must register to attend the conference,.
- At least one author of the accepted paper must register to attend and present at the conference.
- The acceptance of an abstract does not imply the provision of registration for the conference, nor any other costs associated with the preparation or presentation of the abstract, or attendance at the conference.
- Authors of all accepted abstracts are required to submit a full paper for review.
Please direct all enquiries to the Conference Organisers.
CASANZ2021 Conference Organisers
The Clean Air Society of Australia and New Zealand (CASANZ)
Tel: 361 3 9727 3911