- Overview of stack emission testing
- Key principles
- US EPA Method 1: Selection of sample location
- US EPA Method 2: Velocity and flow measurement
- US EPA Method 3: Oxygen & Carbon dioxide
- US EPA Method 4: Moisture
- US EPA Method 5 & 17 Total particulate matter
- Combustion gas analysers USEPA Method 6C, 7E and 10
- Wet chemical techniques USEPA Method 6, 8, 26 and 26A
- USEPA Method 18
- Wind tunnel practical session
- Safety planning and risk assessment
- Stack sampling demonstration
- Laboratory tour
More detail is available here.
This course is invaluable for:
- Stack testing professionals
- Consultants/regulators who specify stack emission monitoring programs
- Air quality modellers who use stack emission monitoring data for input into air quality models
- Regulators who oversee licensing and emission compliance
Air Quality and Noise Manager
Stuarts holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Applied Environmental Sciences and has 17 years’ experience in stack emissions monitoring in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Australia. Projects include working on behalf of the UK Environment Agency for legislative compliance, research and development of new plant processes, Waste to Energy Plant and Gas Turbine Commissioning.
Stuart is an experienced trainer; with a decade of experience training staff to MCERTS standard as well as conducting formal training for industry clients and regulatory licensing officers.
Stuart is a fully endorsed MCERTS Level 2 Team Leader (UK professional stack testing qualification)
Participants will require:
- Closed toe shoes, preferably steel caped boots
- Long trousers
- Long sleeved shirts, preferably high visibility
- Safety glasses
CASANZ will not be responsible for provision of PPE for the field testing component of this course.
- Hardcopy course workbook
- Course certificate
Late Registration, after 20 July 2018: NZ$3,000
Late Registration, after 20 July 2018: NZ$3,870
Late Registration, after 20 July 2018: NZ$1,550
NOTE: It is cheaper to become an individual member of CASANZ than pay the non-member price. Join here.
Only one discount type is applicable per registration, the following discounts are available:
Multiple registration discount: three or more registrations from the same organisation receive a 20% discount. Apply the coupon code Multi18 at the checkout.
Government employee discount: 10% discount on the early bird member rate is available for all government employees regardless of membership status. Apply the coupon code Government at the checkout.