CASANZ is pleased to present this course in association with the University of Adelaide. The University has generously provided the Marjoribanks Teaching Room for delivery of this event.
Michael Johnson is a senior technical policy advisor with the NSW Environment Protection Authority. He has worked with government for over twenty years on management of the air environment. As a scientist he has published on modelling photochemical pollution and now applies scientific understanding to regulatory policy.
Michael’s formal qualifications are a B Sc from the University of Melbourne and an MBA from Charles Sturt University.
Michael’s passion is communicating knowledge and synthesising information to advance understanding. He is a regular presenter of CASANZ’s one-day workshop The Role of Meteorology in Air Dispersion Modelling and delivers in-house training for NSW EPA.
- Local Government or regulatory agency employees managing or working with air quality issues
- Industry, Transport, Mining, Building, Road Construction industry professionals
- Environmental managers, consultants, scientists and engineers requiring an introduction to air quality
On completion of the course participants will understand:
- The basics of air pollution including:
- Sources of air pollution
- Health and amenity impacts
- What happens to air pollutants when they are released
- How the impacts of air pollution are assessed:
- Pollutants to be considered
- Monitoring to be undertaken
- What needs to be assessed?
- What modelling needs to be undertaken and what does it mean?
- Softcopy course workbook
- Electronic version of CASANZ Publication Air Quality Regulations and Odour Management in Australia and New Zealand
- Course certificate
Early bird, before 6 March 2018: AU$770
Registration after 6 March 2018: AU$850
Late Registration, after 3 April 2018: AU$950
Early bird, before 6 March 2018: AU$1,090
Registration after 6 March 2018: AU$1,210
Late Registration, after 3 April 2018: AU$1,310
Late Registration, after 3 April 2018: $530
Only one discount type is applicable per registration, the following discounts are available:
Multiple registration discount: three or more registrations from the same organisation receive a 20% discount. Apply the coupon code Group at the checkout.
Government employee discount: 10% discount on the early bird member rate is available for all government employees regardless of membership status. Apply the coupon code Government at the checkout.