December 2, 2020 - 7:30 am
December 2, 2020 - 1:00 pm
AddressNIWA 10 Kyle Street Riccarton, Christchurch View map
Biomass Burning Workshop
Particulate from wood smoke
Wednesday 2 December, 2020
The Biomass Burning SIG in conjunction with the CASANZ NZ branch, is holding a workshop in Christchurch on 2 December with a focus on particulate from wood smoke.
The workshop has themes around wood burner emission standards including ultra-low emission burners, non-regulatory methods for reducing particulate from biomass burning and health impacts of woodsmoke including health impact assessments. A key focus will be the proposed NES for PM2.5.
This workshop is a must for any Council officers, scientists, planners, consultants or policy makers considering air quality issues from biomass burning. Attendees will come away with a better understanding of the issues, emerging technology and the ins and outs of potential solutions. It will help you to guide clients, direct work programmes and evaluate policy options and you will become equipped with processes and tools that can be used to assist decision makers. Your increased knowledge will contribute to the success of regulatory and non-regulatory approaches.
The workshop includes a range of topics and presentations including:
- Overview of emission standards for wood burners and ULEB
- Wood burners – practical considerations
Mike Chilton (NZ HHA)
- Implications of real life emissions testing for air quality management
Emily Wilton (Environet Limited)
- ULEB technologies
Steve Pearce (Pattle Delmore Partners)
- Non-regulatory methods for reducing emissions from home heating
Richard Popenhagen (Nelson City Council)
- Health impacts of particulate pollution – recent updates
Simon Hales (Otago University School of Medicine)
- Why the proposed NES for PM2.5 are unlikely to result in efficient and effective management of airsheds in New Zealand with respect to health outputs
Emily Wilton (Environet)
- Health impacts assessments – real world application
Emma Kenagy (CDHB)
- Panel discussion and workshop
Jeff Bluett (Pattle Delmore Partners) with speakers
||Wednesday, 2 December, 2020|
||9.30am – 3.00pm NZDT|
10 Kyle Street
Includes catered lunch.
|Monday, 30 November, 2020|