May 17, 2021 - 10:00 pm
May 17, 2021 - 12:00 pm
HEALTH SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP
The Health Special Interest group welcomes you to attend its second Health Special Interest Group virtual workshop. This online event will be held as part of the 25th International Clean Air and Environment Conference, CASANZ 2021.
Exposure to known and emerging air pollutants
The aims of this event are to:
- Provide a platform to discuss issues on air pollution and health impacts, and to share new insights on environmental public health issues.
- Learn about the new national consistent air quality categories and health messaging for managing smoke events in Australia.
- Learn about risk assessment methodologies to assess risks to human health from air pollution.
- Learn about the health consequences of emerging pollutants and available tools for evaluating these.
- New national air quality categories and health messaging in Australia
Dr Martine Dennekamp – Senior Epidemiologist, Environmental Public Health Unit (EPA)
- Health risk assessment approaches for assessing the risks to health from air pollution
Antti Mikkonen – Senior Environmental Health Scientist and Risk Assessor (CDM Smith Australia)
- An overview of emerging pollutants in Air
Background information: the understanding of the health implication of emerging pollutants in air is critical to providing a more robust understanding of sources, exposure, regulations, and minimisation.
Presenter to be confirmed
- Group Discussion
Future directions – Collaborations – How to ensure greater involvement across Australia and New Zealand
The workshop will close with a group discussion on the future direction of the Health SIG and a general discussion surrounding collaborations to ensure greater involvement across Australia and New Zealand.
Whether you plan to attend the full conference on 17-21 May or just this workshop, register now and join the conversation!
Note: Full conference registration includes access to all workshops and social events.
|DATE:||Monday 17 May 2021|
|TIME:||10.00 am to 12.00 pm|
|WHERE:||Via the CASANZ Conference App, Whova|
Members: $75 incl GST
Non Members: $100 incl GST
Retired/Students: $35 incl GST
Health SIG Chair