NOTICE OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
New Zealand Branch
Incorporating a Transport SIG Seminar
Wednesday, 21 October, 2020 | 1.00pm NZDT
The New Zealand Branch of CASANZ invites members and non-members to attend a virtual and in-person Annual General Meeting, incorporating a 4 hour Transport SIG seminar on:
Hot Topics and New Findings
The Transport SIG seminar will conclude with drinks and nibbles, providing an opportunity to network and socialise.
The CASANZ New Zealand Branch Annual General Meeting and annual branch awards will follow at 5.30 pm. A presentation acknowledging recently awarded Certified Air Quality Professionals will be included and an update on the past 12 months for CASANZ in general and the NZ Branch provided. An insight into what events and activities are planned for 2021 will be shared along with an update on the CASANZ Virtual Conference scheduled for 17-21 May.
Everyone is invited to at the conclusion of the days proceedings to join us for a drink/dinner and to have an opportunity to socialise with others passionate around Air Quality issues. For those outside of Auckland, arrangements are being made for social catch-ups in Christchurch, Hamilton and Wellington.
|Transport SIG Seminar:||1.00 – 5.00pm|
|Drinks and Nibbles:||5.00 – 5.30pm|
|NZ Branch AGM:||5.30 – 6.00pm
Incorporating the Branch Awards and CAQP presentation
|Dinner:||6.00pm onward – Venue to be confirmed|
Seminar topics include:
EVs and other fleet interventions
- Measuring the air quality impact of traffic fleet interventions – Dr Karl Ropkins (Environment | Transport Studies)
- Exploring the question: fossil-fuelled or electric vehicles, what is better? – Dr Robin Smit (Transport Energy/Emission Research)
- Transitioning the New Zealand fleet to low emissions: A policy update – Basil Issa (EECA)
The impact of the COVID pandemic on air quality
- Early Observations on the impact of the COVID-19 Lockdown on Air Quality Trends across the UK – Dr Karl Ropkins (Environment | Transport Studies)
- COVID-19 lockdown implications for air quality in Australia and New Zealand – Dr Ian Longley (NIWA)
- Using COVID-19 restrictions to uncover the disproportionate impacts of diesel combustion emissions on air quality across Auckland – Dr Nick Talbot
Where all the roads meet
- A harmonised air quality assessment framework for road projects – Dr Paul Boulter (EMM Consulting)
Ship Stacks, Plumes and Ports
- Air Quality issues at Ports – Kim Kelleher (Lyttelton Port Company) and Nigel Ironside (Ports of Auckland)
Get real! An update on Vehicle Fuel use and impacts of emissions
- Mind the Gap! Investigations into real-world fuel efficiency of the NZ fleet – an update – Dr Gerda Kuschel (Emission Impossible)
- The composition, mass contribution and observed trends for non-tailpipe motor vehicle emissions – Dr Perry Davy (GNS)
- Recent changes to mapping transport related particulate matter in New Zealand – Robyn Butler and Jenny Simpson (Tonkin + Taylor)
- Recent changes to mapping transport related NO2 in New Zealand – Alida Van Vugt and Jeff Bluett (PDP)
|DATE:||Wednesday, 21 October, 2020|
Viaduct Basin Auckland
|RSVP:||Monday, 19 October, 2020|
Society Deputy President
Only one discount type is applicable per registration, the following discounts are available:
- Multiple registration discount: three or more registrations from the same organisation receive a 20% discount. Apply the coupon code Multi20 at the checkout.
- Government member discount: 10% discount on the early bird member rate is available for all members who are current financial government CASANZ members. Apply the coupon code GovernmentMember at the checkout.